NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO CD images can be installed on “bare-metal” x86/64 hardware and VM installed images are available below as well. The hardware compatibility lists for our Product indicate what is supported. The NexentaStor installer also verifies hardware compatibility before installation commences. For more information on hardware compatibility please visit NexentaStor HSL.
The current Community Release is version 3.1.5.
- Free for up to 18 TB of useable storage capacity
- Support for user and group quotas
- The ability to automatically expand pools
- Copy on write
- Checksummed datablocks and metadata for reliability.
Commercial support and some optional modules/plugins, including auto-sync are not available for the Community Edition. Please click on 'Get support' or 'Get enterprise' above to learn more about the support options and additional capabilities of NexentaStor Enterprise Edition.
Production use is not allowed with Community edition. It is designed and intended to help people become familiar with the product or for personal use.
Recommended system requirements:
- 64 bit processor (32 bit not recommended for production)
- 1GB RAM minimum for evaluation, The more ram the better..
- 2 identical relatively small disks for high-availability system folder (for operating system and the rest appliance's software), requires less than 10GB
- Additional drives/storage for data volumes
NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO can be deployed in accordance with the Community Edition EULA agreement.
Select the type of download below. We provide the choice of downloading the install CD iso, we will have vm images shortly after release.
|v3.x This can be installed on any x86 based machine, or Virtual Machine.|
Download local (v3.1.5)
|Capacity||18TB raw||Licensed for raw capacity||Licensed for raw capacity|
|Time limit||Unlimited||45 days||Perpetual license|
|Plug-ins available?||Some||All||All(some with additonal cost)|
|Support Available||Community||---||Silver, Gold, Platinum|
To unpack .tar.bz2 files, use tar -jvzf
Getting Started and Registration key
3.1.5 release notes can be found here
Please note, however, that Community Edition is supported by Community Forums and IRC channel -#nexentastor only. If you're looking for support with the product, please use the Trial Edition of NexentaStor.
Bugs, Issues Reporting
- Community Edition Database - to view issues found in Community Edition Beta/Test ISOs. You can report Community Edition as well as Trial Edition beta results via the product support feature or by emailing support 'at' nexenta.com. You can also see the forums section of this site for community support.