Version 34 (Anil Gulecha, 05/18/2010 11:32 am)
**NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO** CD images can be installed on “bare-metal” x86/64 hardware and VM installed images are available below as well. The hardware compatibility lists for [OpenSolaris 10.03](http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/os/) indicate what is supported. The NexentaStor installer also **verifies** hardware compatibility before installation commences. For more information on hardware compatibility please visit NexentaStor [FAQ](http://www.nexenta.com/nexentastor-faq).
This is a major NexentaStor release, with many new features, improved hardware support, and many bug fixes over the older Developer Edition including:
* In-line deduplication for primary storage and backup
* Free for upto 12 TB of *used* storage with no limits on the total size of attached storage
* Supports easy upgrade to future Community Edition releases and to Enterprise Edition licenses
* Support for user and group quotas
* The ability to automatically expand pools
Commercial support and optional modules are *not* available for the Community Edition. Please click on 'Get support' or 'Get enterprise' above to learn more about the support options and additional capabilities of NexentaStor Enterprise Edition.
Recommended system requirements:
* 64 bit processor (32 bit not recommended for production)
* 768MB RAM minimum for evaluation, 2GB okay, 4GB ideal
* 2 identical relatively small disks for high-availability system folder (for operating system and the rest appliance's software)
* Additional drives/storage for data volumes
NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO can be deployed in accordance with the Community Edition EULA agreement.
## Download ##
Select the type of download below. We provide the choice of downloading the install CD iso, as well as pre-installed VMware and Xen virtual machines.
|**CD Image**|**Vmware Image**|**Xen Image**|
|v3.x This can be installed on any x86 based machine, or Virtual Machine. | This image can be used directly with VMware, to provide an installed NexentaStor Community Edition 3.x environment | This image can be used directly with Xen, to provide an installed NexentaStor Community Edition 3.x environment|
| ![download_btn.png](/themes/nexentastor/images/download_btn.png)<br>[**Download local**](ftp://ftp.nexentastor.org/releases/NexentaStor-Community-3.0.2.iso.zip)<br>[**Download mirror - Michigan**](http://ike.egr.msu.edu/pub/nexenta/NexentaStor-Community-3.0.2.iso.zip)<br>MD5sum: Being Updated| ![download_btn.png](/themes/nexentastor/images/download_btn.png)<br>[**Download**](ftp://ftp.nexentastor.org/www/releases/NexentaStor-Community-3.0.0-vmware.tar.bz2)<br>[**Download mirror - Genunix (fast)**](http://genunix.org/dist/nexenta/NexentaStor-Community-3.0.0-vmware.tar.bz2)<br>MD5sum: 18c1463f9b40b9fdee0e0cbbfb5304ba|Will be available shortly|
*Note: If you're installing this on a machine currently installed with version 2.0, the machine ID, and the license key will change. You'll need to request a new license key, and the migration process can take a few hours. Please ensure you're migrating during off-peak hours.*
## Nightly and Testing builds ##
Apart from the above releases, we also place our daily nightly and testing builds online, so you can test the very *very* latest bits of the appliance. Download these at:
## Getting Started and Registration key ##
The download does not require registration. For the first steps, please refer to [Quick Start Guide](http://www.nexenta.com/corp/component/remository/func-startdown/11/). You will be able to activate the appliance with [Registration Key](http://www.nexenta.com/corp/developer-edition-registration) and use it for free.
Please note, however, that Community Edition is supported by Community Forums and (IRC channel)[#nexentastor] only. If you're looking for support with the product, please use the Trial Edition of NexentaStor. Complete details can be found [in this table](http://www.nexenta.com/corp/nexentastor-overview/nexentastor-versions).
## Bugs, Issues Reporting ##
* [Community Edition Database](http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/site/issues) - to view issues found in Community Edition Beta/Test ISOs. During the beta period, March - April 2010, you can report Community Edition as well as Trial Edition beta results via the product support feature or by emailing support 'at' nexenta.com. You can also see the forums section of this site for community support.