NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO CD images can be installed on “bare-metal” x86/64 hardware and VM installed images are available below as well. The hardware compatibility lists for OpenSolaris 10.03 indicate what is supported. The NexentaStor installer also verifies hardware compatibility before installation commences. For more information on hardware compatibility please visit NexentaStor FAQ.
This is a major NexentaStor release, with many new features, improved hardware support, and many bug fixes over the older Developer Edition including:
- In-line deduplication for primary storage and backup
- Free for upto 12 TB of used storage with no limits on the total size of attached storage
- Supports easy upgrade to future Community Edition releases and to Enterprise Edition licenses
- Support for user and group quotas
- The ability to automatically expand pools
Commercial support and optional modules are not available for the Community Edition. Please click on 'Get support' or 'Get enterprise' above to learn more about the support options and additional capabilities of NexentaStor Enterprise Edition.
Recommended system requirements:
- 64 bit processor (32 bit not recommended for production)
- 768MB RAM minimum for evaluation, 2GB okay, 4GB ideal
- 2 identical relatively small disks for high-availability system folder (for operating system and the rest appliance's software)
- Additional drives/storage for data volumes
NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO can be deployed in accordance with the Community Edition EULA agreement.
Select the type of download below. We provide the choice of downloading the install CD iso, as well as pre-installed VMware and Xen virtual machines.
|CD Image||Vmware Image||Xen Image|
|v3.x This can be installed on any x86 based machine, or Virtual Machine.||This image can be used directly with VMware, to provide an installed NexentaStor Community Edition 3.x environment||This image can be used directly with Xen, to provide an installed NexentaStor Community Edition 3.x environment|
Download local - slow
Download mirror - Michigan
|Will be available shortly|
Nightly and Testing builds
Apart from the above releases, we also place our daily nightly and testing builds online, so you can test the very very latest bits of the appliance. Download these at:
Getting Started and Registration key
Please note, however, that Community Edition is supported by Community Forums and (IRC channel)[#nexentastor] only. If you're looking for support with the product, please use the Trial Edition of NexentaStor. Complete details can be found in this table.
Bugs, Issues Reporting
- Community Edition Database - to view issues found in Community Edition Beta/Test ISOs. During the beta period, March - April 2010, you can report Community Edition as well as Trial Edition beta results via the product support feature or by emailing support 'at' nexenta.com. You can also see the forums section of this site for community support.