Difference between various distributions
NexentaCore Platform (EOL)
- CLI only
- Free and Open Source
- OpenSolaris Kernel + Ubuntu Userland.
NexentaStor Community Edition
- Built on top of NCP
- Adds storage management WebUI. Take a tour.
- Can be used at no charge.
- Can support any amount of storage, but usage is limited to 12TB of used storage.
NexentaStor Enterprise Edition
- Superset of Community Edition
- Adds many enterprise features, such as FibreChannel. Details
- License cost is based on raw storage capacity.
Can I upgrade from Community Edition to Enterprise Edition?
Yes. You'll have to buy a EE license. Contact email@example.com.
What's the enterprise edition license cost?
There's Silver Licenses (email support), and Gold Licenses (24x7 Phone Support). Head to http://www.nexenta.com/store for more information.