**NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO** CD images can be installed on “bare-metal” x86/64 hardware and VM installed images are available below as well. The [hardware compatibility lists](http://nexenta.com/corp/resources/hardware-compatibility-list) for our Product indicate what is supported. The NexentaStor installer also **verifies** hardware compatibility before installation commences. For more information on hardware compatibility please visit NexentaStor [FAQ](http://nexenta.com/corp/component/content/category/21-nexentastor-faq).
This is a major NexentaStor release, with many new features, improved hardware support, and many bug fixes over the older Developer Edition including:
* Free for up to 18 TB of overall *raw* storage capacity (i.e. sum of all ("raw") disks sizes, excepting logs, caches and spares)
* Support for user and group quotas
* The ability to automatically expand pools
* Copy on write
* Checksummed datablocks for reliability.
Commercial support and optional modules are *not* available for the Community Edition. Please click on 'Get support' or 'Get enterprise' above to learn more about the support options and additional capabilities of NexentaStor Enterprise Edition.
Recommended system requirements:
* 64 bit processor (32 bit not recommended for production)
* 1GB RAM minimum for evaluation, The more ram the better..
* 2 identical relatively small disks for high-availability system folder (for operating system and the rest appliance's software), requires less than 10GB
* Additional drives/storage for data volumes
NexentaStor 3.x Community ISO can be deployed in accordance with the Community Edition EULA agreement.
## Download ##
Select the type of download below. We provide the choice of downloading the install CD iso, as well as pre-installed VMware and Xen virtual machines.
|v3.x This can be installed on any x86 based machine, or Virtual Machine. ||
|![download_btn.png](/themes/nexentastor/images/download_btn.png)<br>[**Download local (v3.1.2)**](http://downloads.nexenta.com/cdn/NexentaStor-Community-3.1.2.iso.zip)<br>MD5sum (v3.1.2)**](ftp://ftp.nexentastor.org/www/releases/NexentaStor-Community-3.1.2.iso.zip)<br>MD5sum (v.3.1.2): c0731c92e7a75438485cd5ee1a97ae54<br> ||
* Mirror restrictions: 1 Mbit/s per client, max 4 per IP, IPv4 and IPv6 accessible (Thanks to Sven Michels from sectoor GmbH via. #nexentastor channel)
* Do not forget to check MD5 after download of file
*To unpack .tar.bz2 files, use tar -jvzf <file>*
## Nightly and Testing builds ##
Apart from the above releases, we also place our daily nightly and testing builds online, so you can test the very *very* latest bits of the appliance. Download these at:
## Getting Started and Registration key ##
The download does not require registration. For the first steps, please refer to [Quick Start Guide](http://nexenta.com/corp/component/content/article/20-documentation/63-31-documentation). You will be able to activate the appliance with [Registration Key](http://nexenta.com/corp/downloads/register-community-download) and use it for free.
Please note, however, that Community Edition is supported by Community Forums and IRC channel -#nexentastor only. If you're looking for support with the product, please use the Trial Edition of NexentaStor.
## Bugs, Issues Reporting ##
* [Community Edition Database](http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/site/issues) - to view issues found in Community Edition Beta/Test ISOs. You can report Community Edition as well as Trial Edition beta results via the product support feature or by emailing support 'at' nexenta.com. You can also see the forums section of this site for community support.